What is Red Team/Blue Team Training?
Security aware and knowledgeable users serve as the “front line” of your overall security posture. As such, training is one of the most essential components of your risk mitigation strategy and overall cybersecurity program. However, without learning cybersecurity from the “hacker’s” perspective and gaining a true understanding of how adversaries attack and compromise ICS networks and assets, you’re only getting half of the picture. Without that other half, you’re essentially blindly deploying generic security controls and “best practices”. In order to have an efficient and cost-effective risk mitigation strategy, you must understand not only where your vulnerabilities are, but also the tactics that attackers will use to exploit these vulnerabilities. Red Team/Blue Team Training provides the opportunity to learn these adversarial tactics in conjunction with the defensive methods; and then students get to apply the skills they learn as they face off in a head-to-head competition, Blue Team (the defenders) against Red Team (the attackers).
What is ThreatGEN™ Red vs. Blue?
ThreatGEN™ Red vs. Blue is the industry’s first turn-based strategy computer game where two players compete against each other, head-to-head, to take control/maintain control of a computer network. This is not a “fiction-based” game like those found on the consumer gaming market. This is a live, player vs. player “gamified” training simulator, designed to teach cyber security skills in an immersive, applied learning environment.
The overall game concept and goal is to teach players/learners network defense/risk mitigation concepts and strategies, as well as attacker methods and strategies. The real differentiator and value are that players get to apply this knowledge against a live human adversary strategizing against them. Players will quickly realize that cyber security defense against a real thinking adversary is different than simply deploying a few cyber security controls. Players on the red team learn and reinforce their understanding of attacker methods and the Cyber Kill Chain by actually applying this knowledge, in game, against the blue team.
ThreatGEN™ Red vs. Blue, Platform, and Training Options:
- ThreatGEN Red vs. Blue Standard – For everyone!
- ThreatGEN Red vs. Blue CTF – A TRUE capture the flag for events. Player vs. Player, Team vs. Team.
- ThreatGEN Tabletop – A Revolutionary and more effective way to do IR tabletop training and exercises.
- ThreatGEN IBASE – (Industrial Breach & Attack Simulation Engine) Scalable, portable, web enabled, and easily configurable. No VMs or hardware needed.
- ThreatGEN Corporate – Complete customized package with seat/user management and LMS Integration.
- Live Instructor Led Training – The best of both worlds. Live instructor lead training and workshops using the Red vs. Blue platform.